MD.Tahaan
MD.Tahaan , Engineer
Experience:  deal with electronics items,automobiles
19344050

my dvd player keeps saying unknown disk can you help pleas

Customer Question

my dvd player keeps saying unknown disk can you help please
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  MD.Tahaan replied 7 years ago.
<p>yeah, wrong region or presuming you have tried the disk in your computer it's the lazer, use lazer cleaner or open it up and clean it with a cotton bud (diped in alcohol) but be gentle as you can knock the lazer off centre. don't worry about looking into the beam just don't switch it on when you have it open.</p><p>      This will surely help you out. Hope you like my answer and accept it. </p><p>Thanking you </p>
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
hi md.tahaan i have all ready tried them both can u tell me what to do next
Expert:  MD.Tahaan replied 7 years ago.
which brand do you have. Better reinstal it
It sounds as though your unit has locked up, similar to what happens with a computer, sometimes. Try un-plugging the AC power cord, leave it un-plugged for a few minutes. Then re-connect and see what happens.
Goodluck
Expert:  MD.Tahaan replied 7 years ago.
If this is a dvd you have made up the format of the disk might not be compatible with your player. check the files on the disk for what type there are eg.avi, mpg and then look at your dvd manual for what type on files it plays.
if it is a made up this it is more than likely you will need to convert the file(s) to dvd format for this i recomend winavi converter.
You can try this.
GOODLUCK
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the dvds iam trying to play are bought from shops and i have tried 3 and still its says unknown disk
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i have already tryed that it did not work