Dan , Master Electronic Technician
Experience:  Over 40 years experience in the service and repair of all types of electronic equipment.
12940042

my tv turns on then within 1-10 seconds shuts off again its

Customer Question

my tv turns on then within 1-10 seconds shuts off again its really anoying what do i do
it is only a little over a year old
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Mark replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

The problem seems to be with the capacitors on the circuit board. I recommend a reset. Switch off and disconnect it from power supply/batteries. Also disconnect any other units connected to it. Leave this disconnected for 30 minutes. All the electric charges stored should drain out.. It should do a soft reset itself, then restart it.

If this doesnt solve your problem then a component on circuit board will need replacement..most likely capacitors have gone bad and cant hold charge anymore..If individual components are not available the whole circuit board will need replacement.

I would not suggest you not to do more experiment with the device... As it may cause more damage to the circuit board...

You can try to call manufacturer and see if they will take/repair the unit. or they will be able to give you a quote for repair. You can find the contact phone number in the manual..

Please Accept
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
This did not work any other ideas
Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.
GreetingsCustomer please disregard the prior expert's answer since they are not qualified to answer TV questions.

Can you provide the brand and model number?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It is a Sylvania Model LC370SS8
Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.
Unfortunately, for this model TV, due to the fact that there can be several causes, there is no one single reason for it to go into a protective shutdown mode. The power supplies in these and most other TV's will recognize when there is an overvoltage or overcurrent situation and shutdown to prevent any further damage. I have had a few in my shop and have seen problems in the inverter circuit and the power supply. It will take someone with the proper technical background, the proper equipment and a service manual to properly diagnose just where the problem is. The only other option is to purchase circuit boards to replace the ones in the TV one at a time, which is economically unfeasible.

I have the service manual in my shop database that I can upload to my off-site storage and make available to you if you feel you can use it. Let me know.

Dan, Master Electronic Technician
Experience: Over 40 years experience in the service and repair of all types of electronic equipment.