Mark
Mark, Technician
Experience:  6+ years of experience repairing digital/analog electronics equipment
18289839

my magnavox dvd recorder will not record anymore

my magnavox dvd recorder will not record anymore the yellow light blinks as if the disc is full but it is a new disc.

I will be away from my desk until 9 pm.

thank you

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

The problem seems to be with the capacitors on the circuit board. I recommend a reset. Switch off and disconnect it from power supply/batteries. Also disconnect any other units connected to it. Leave this disconnected for 30 minutes. All the electric charges stored should drain out.. It should do a soft reset itself, then restart it.

If this doesnt solve your problem then a component on circuit board will need replacement..most likely capacitors have gone bad and cant hold charge anymore..If individual components are not available the whole circuit board will need replacement.

I would not suggest you not to do more experiment with the device... As it may cause more damage to the circuit board...

You can try to call manufacturer and see if they will take/repair the unit. or they will be able to give you a quote for repair. You can find the contact phone number in the manual..

Please Accept