Zach H
Zach H, Technician
Experience:  Have 20 years of experience in electronics. Worked as a technician for 4 years.
17637786

What is the code to unlock my LG BD-390 blu-ray dvd player

What is the code to unlock my LG BD-390 blu-ray dvd player so that I can view a DVD from Italy?

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

I am assuming this blue-ray player was purchased in North America? If so even if you could unlock it, it would not play a movie from Italy since this player only plays NTSC video formats and a movie from Italy would be in PAL format. So unlocking the region code would not help you.

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi Zach: You still have not answered my question to my satisfaction. I need to have the code to unlock this units regional restrictions.
To set DVD Region to "0", download file "6000.zip" (often also called "LG6000.zip") from here:

http://www.multi-region.net/_media/6000.zip

Save the file and then unzip and extract it to your hard drive.

Now burn the subdirectory RMTM0000 and its contents (not the text file) onto a CD-ROM (ISO format, "closed" CD-ROM).

Insert CD-ROM into the LG BD 370 P player, and when the Region Management System screen is displayed, set the Region Code to "0" using your remote. Once done, press "PAUSE" on you remote to save, and you're done!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi Zach! I copied the file as you stated but i get error on my dvd player. The region management screen never comes up. any suggestions? I am using a Mac computer. Is this a problem?
Did you only burn the RMTM0000 folder and not the readme.txt file to the cd? You also have to tell the burner software to burn in ISO format and to close the disc or session.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi Zach! I followed your directions but my LG BD-390 will still not play the disc RMTM0000. Are there any codes I could try to unlock player.

You could try this. It's not really for this model though.

1. Plug LG DVD player (no disc in tray) in and turn on with REMOTE.
2. Wait for "NO DISC" message.
3. Press the open button on the remote.
4. Press the following sequence(using the REMOTE only) PAUSE, 3, 1,4, 1,5, 9
5. Wait for "CODE__" to appear. Enter 0 (all regions) then press PAUSE then press POWER.

The unit should turn off leaving it region free, but be warned that it have trouble with Region 0 discs. If so just redo the above steps and at "CODE __" enter your region.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi Zach! I tried that but it did not work for me. Any other suggestions?
I can not find anything else in my research about unlocking this unit other then what I have already posted.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I also have an onkyo DV CP500 dvd player. Is there anyway this one could be unlocked? Thanks for your efforts.
I couldn't find anything for that onkyo DV CP500 either other then a few sites you have to pay for them to give you the codes.