Jeff
Jeff, Technician
Experience:  10 years experience in the consumer electronics industry.
17251986

I have a samsung model ER5200-M cash register that is displaying

I have a samsung model ER5200-M cash register that is displaying    VOID MODE CLOSED if I touch any key the buzzer goes off. How do I get the register out o this mode and back to normal ?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Jeff replied 5 years ago.
Do you have the key in the machine? if so what are the positions you can go to?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I can go to all positions
Expert:  Jeff replied 5 years ago.
Try this:

Initial Clear
CAUTION: Do not share this information with unauthorized users. Distribute the P Mode key
only to those you may want to perform this function.
The initial clear function allows you to exit any register activity and return to a beginning or cleared
state. Any transaction that is in progress will be exited and totals for that transaction will not be
updated.
Here are some reasons you may want to perform an initial clear:
• The register is in an unknown state, and you wish to exit the current program or
transaction without following normal procedures.
• You have performed a function that includes a compulsory activity and you wish to
bypass the compulsion.
• An initial clear may be necessary as part of servicing, or troubleshooting.
Perform this procedure only as necessary. Contact your SAM4S dealer first if you have questions
about operating or programming your SAM4s ER-5200M/5240M.
To Perform an Initial Clear:
1. Turn the power switch located on the right side of the register to the OFF position.
2. Turn the control lock to the P position.
3. Press and hold the key position where the SBTL key is located on the default keyboard
layout.
4. While continuing to hold the SBTL key, turn the power switch to the ON position.
5. The message "INITIAL CLEAR OK!” prints when the initial clear is complete.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did this before and it gives the message INTIAL CLEAR OK and then it goes to XXXXX CLOSED any key that I hit sounds alam
Expert:  Jeff replied 5 years ago.

This unit may need service. Also It may think that it has been stolen. If I were you I would call Samsung and give them your proof of purchase.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I know it is not stolen, I know the guy that I bought it from. He allowed someone else to try register and they locked it up. I guess I'll have to take it to a Samsung dealer to have them unlock it.
Expert:  Jeff replied 5 years ago.
You should call 1-800-samsung they might be able to help over the phone
Jeff, Technician
Experience: 10 years experience in the consumer electronics industry.