Mahen
Mahen, Engineer
Experience:  10 years of experience repairing electronics equipment

The camera lens on my Samsung L100 didnt close correctly last

The camera lens on my Samsung L100 didn't close correctly last time it was used. Each attempt to use it after that results in a buzzing sound and the lens will not extend. The screen will not come on, even fully charged. Holding it sideways it looks as if the left side of the lens is in more than the right side (it retracted unevenly). The lens cover is half open. Any suggestions? I have had the camera @ 13 months.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Mahen replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you with your question.
This problem is a very common one with cameras. Its termed as lens error and usually it will require to replace the whole lens mechanism.
However you should try these things first.

1. I recommend a reset. Switch off and disconnect it from power supply/batteries. Also disconnect any other units connected to it. Leave this disconnected for 30 minutes. All the electric charges stored should drain out.. It should do a soft reset itself, then restart it.
2. Tap camera gently/violently.. if its something stuck it will come out.. (dont do this if its under warranty, just send it back)
3. You can open the cover with hands..

You can try to open and clean it with a compressed air. The dirt could be causing it. Also look for loose connections inside the unit. Please take precaution while opening the unit as there might be high voltages present inside.

Opening up the unit will void the warranty. You can try to call manufacturer and see if they will take/repair the unit. or they will be able to give you a quote for repair. You can find the contact phone number in the manual.. The repair cost can be higher so compare the prices with new ones.

Please Accept
Mahen, Engineer
Experience: 10 years of experience repairing electronics equipment