Steve
Steve, Engineer
Experience:  12+ years of experience repairing sound, home theatre equipment and a BS degree with electornics
18496125

i have a xerox docucolor 252 with an error/fault code 042-326.

Customer Question

i have a xerox docucolor 252 with an error/fault code 042-326. i need to locate the IBT silver patch/belt location on the printer to clean it
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.
hi..

thank you for asking..

See from manual DC250
Belt Home Position too long

NOTE:

The IBT Steering Motor drives the IBT Steering Cam with the gear. While the IBT Steering Cam rotation range is less than 1 complete round, the Steering Cam rotates more than 1 round in the IBT Steering Motor Component Control. Therefore, remove it when the rotation exceeds the rotation range. This is a normal operation and the step-out sound is not abnormal. An error has occurred if no step-out sound can be heard and the IBT Steering Motor does not operate.

Initial Action
Check the opening/closing of the Front Cover.

Turn the power OFF then ON.

Procedure
Check the Fault History for a Belt Home Position Too Long Fail (042-326 Fault Code).

The Belt Home Position Too Long Fail is the only Fault Code in the Fault List.
Yes No Unanswered

Go to the RAP for the other failures that occurred.

Install the IBT Belt in the center (where the IBT Belt Edge and the IBT Belt Frame are approx. the same distance from the front and rear). Perform ADJ 9.13 Belt Edge Learn Cycle.

The Belt Edge Learn Cycle ends abnormally.
Yes No Unanswered

End

Check the reflective mark at the rear of the IBT belt.

The reflective mark positioned correctly and reflects properly.
Yes No Unanswered

Clean the reflective mark and reposition it properly, if the problem continues, replace the IBT belt ( PL 7.3).

Enter dC330 [042-200 Transfer Belt Home Sensor]. Rotate the belt manually for 1 turn.

The display changes.
Yes No Unanswered

Go to OF 99-1 and troubleshoot the Transfer Belt Home Sensor ( PL 7.5).

Check the operation of the actuator of the Transfer Belt Edge Sensor Assembly.

The actuator move smoothly.
Yes No Unanswered

Replace the Transfer Belt Edge Sensor Assembly ( PL 7.4).

Select [042-016 IBT Steering Motor (CW) High Current] and [042-017 Steering Motor (CCW) High Current].

The IBT Steering Motor operate.
Yes No Unanswered

Go to OF 99-9 and troubleshoot the IBT Steering Motor ( PL 7.4).

Check the installation position of the IBT Belt Module (the four legs of the IBT Belt Module are placed on the board springs of the Transfer Drawer and the fixing screws (M4: x2) of the IBT Drawer are tightened).

The IBT Belt Module is installed in the proper position.
Yes No Unanswered

Adjust the installation position of the IBT Belt Module.

Set dC131 [741-106 Angle Data Initial Value (A0)] to 0.Install the IBT Belt in the center (where the IBT Belt Edge and the IBT Belt Frame are approx. the same distance from the front and rear). Perform ADJ 9.13 Belt Edge Learn cycle.

Yes No Unanswered

End

Replace the Transfer Belt Home Sensor ( PL 7.5). If the problem continues, replace the Transfer Belt Edge Sensor ( PL 7.4). If the problem persists, replace the Transfer Belt Edge Sensor ( PL 7.4). If the problem is persistent, replace the IBT Belt Module ( PL 7.1).

I hope this will help you..

Please ACCEPT
Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.
Hey,

Does my answer work?? if yes please ACCEPT.. because that how I get paid for my work..

Thank you