Mahen
Mahen, Engineer
Experience:  10 years of experience repairing electronics equipment
18500589

no volume on rca dvd player drc282 and root is displayed on

Customer Question

no volume on rca dvd player drc282 and root is displayed on dvd screen
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Mahen replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you with your question.

The problem seems to be with the capacitors on the circuit board. I recommend a reset. Switch off and disconnect it from power supply/batteries. Also disconnect any other units connected to it. Leave this disconnected for 30 minutes. All the electric charges stored should drain out.. It should do a soft reset itself, then restart it.

You can try to open and clean it with a compressed air. The dirt could be causing it. Also look for loose connections inside the unit. Please take precaution while opening the unit as there might be high voltages present inside.

If this doesnt solve your problem then a component on circuit board will need replacement.. most likely capacitors have gone bad and cant hold charge anymore..If individual components are not available the whole circuit board will need replacement.
Opening up the unit will void the warranty. You can try to call manufacturer and see if they will take/repair the unit. or they will be able to give you a quote for repair. You can find the contact phone number in the manual..

Please Accept