Mahen
Mahen, Engineer
Experience:  10 years of experience repairing electronics equipment
18500589

vizio model no vizo vx37l hdtv tv godark the remote dont work

vizio model no vizo vx37l hdtv tv godark the remote dont work the tv
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Mahen replied 7 years ago.
hello

thanks for your question.

If its just the remote then change the battery... If you believe the remote is causing the problem then you can get a new one here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110311244265&category=91388&refid=store

if its tv then follow these steps.
The problem seems to be with the capacitors on the circuit board. I recommend resetting the system. Switch off and disconnect it from power supply/batteries. Also disconnect any other units connected to it. Leave the system disconnected for 30 minutes. All the electric charges stored should drain out.. It should do a soft reset itself, then restart it.

You can try to open the unit and clean it with a compressed air. The dirt could be causing it. Also look for loose connections inside the unit. Please take precaution while opening the unit as there might be high voltages present inside.

If this doesnt solve your problem then a component on circuit board will need replacement.. most likely capacitors have gone bad and cant hold charge anymore..If individual components are not available the whole circuit board will need replacement.
Opening up the unit will void the warranty. You can try to call manufacturer and see if they will take/repair the unit. or they will be able to give you a quote for repair. You can find the contact phone number in the manual..

Please Accept
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I DID ALL OF THE ABOVE HOWEVER THE ONLY THING THAT COMES ON IS THE VIZIO LIGHT ,AND ONCE IT IS TURN ON IT DOESN'T GO OFF WITH THE SWITCH I HAVE TO UNPLUG THE UNIT FOR IT TO GO OFF.
Expert:  Mahen replied 7 years ago.
hello

thanks for your reply.
It seems that the internal circuit board is causing it.. a firmware reload or reset will not solve the problem..

you should call manufacturer to get a quote and find out the problem.

please Accept