Mahen, Engineer
Experience:  10 years of experience repairing electronics equipment

I have a bose 321 system and the sound will cut out while watchin

Customer Question

I have a bose 321 system and the sound will cut out while watchin a movie or even just listening to a cd in the drive. all the connections are tight no pinched wires
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Mahen replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you with your question.

The problem seems to be with the capacitors on the bose circuit board. I recommend resetting the bose 321. Switch off and disconnect it from power supply/batteries. Also disconnect any other units connected to it. Leave the system disconnected for 30 minutes. All the electric charges stored should drain out.. It should do a soft reset itself, then restart it.

You can try to open the unit and clean it with a compressed air. The dirt could be causing it. Also look for loose connections inside the unit. Please take precaution while opening the unit as there might be high voltages present inside.

If this doesnt solve your problem then a component on circuit board will need replacement.. most likely capacitors have gone bad and cant hold charge anymore..If individual components are not available the whole circuit board will need replacement.
Opening up the unit will void the warranty. You can try to call manufacturer and see if they will take/repair the unit. or they will be able to give you a quote for repair. You can find the contact phone number in the manual..

Please Accept
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

what unit are you referring to there are two main units the dvd one with the controls, the subwoofer is what supplies power to the system

Expert:  Mahen replied 7 years ago.

thanks for your reply. I am sorry for the confusion.
Try the 30 minutes reset on the DVD player with controls..

However you will have to try with another system to identify where does problem lies..

But I am sure its the circuit board of any one unit. most likely its the DVD player..

Please ACcept