Neil, Engineer
Experience:  NZ Certificate in Engineering Electronics & Computing 25 years exp
15873252

Our Bose Wave Radio/CD player literally just quit! It has

Our Bose Wave Radio/CD player literally just quit! It has not had a lot of use. Bought in 2001. Went to turn it on this morning and nothing happens. Checked the plugs in the wall. Tried another plug in a different location in the room. Dead as a door nail.   I played a CD last week and all was well. What has happened? We have never had a problem with the player before. Unit has not been dropped or damaged in any way.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Neil replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
What model is this?

Does anything light up at all?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Wave Radio AWRP 1P

Nothing lights up at all
Expert:  Neil replied 7 years ago.

There is a fuse inside the unit which you should check first. These are not the easiest units to take a part so go carefully. As I recall there are a couple of screws at the back then one in the CD cover. There are two slots in the side which you have to push in with a flat screw driver. Be careful the lid has a ribbon cable attached.

The fuse is next to where the power cable comes in, MAKE SURE THE UNIT IS UnPLUGGED before dismantling.

If it is not the fuse then it will be the transformer which is a common problem with these. These can only be got from Bose.

If this information has been helpful please click Accept

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

We changed the battery in the radio before attempting the fuse. The battery was the problem.

Thanks. What a great service!
Expert:  Neil replied 7 years ago.

Many thanks for the Accept and also for letting me know about the battery. I wasn't aware that the battery failing would stop the unit powering up! Doesn't make a lot of sense that it would but with Bosch crazy things like that are the norm...

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
also, there are no screws on this unit so it is no real way for the consumer to locate a fuse.