John , Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I have an older model Pro-Form Cross Walk treadmill Accu Smart

Customer Question

I have an older model Pro-Form Cross Walk treadmill Accu Smart system, model XXXXXXXXX / Serial No. G91146231. I hadn't used it for a while. I took it out a couple of months ago and have started using it every day. I cleaned it and oiled the motor bearings before use. My problem is that for the first several minutes of the exercise program, the belt stops. If I get off and stand on the side rails it starts back up again. This happens several times for the first 3-5 minutes and then seems to work alright. What do you suggest?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Tesla_follower replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Can you please give me the Model number of the Treadmill, and what speed do you usually work out at on the treadmill?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Sorry for the delay. I've been out of town.

The Model number of the unit isNNN-NN-NNNN It was purchased from Sears many years ago.

My workout speed is usually set to between 3 - 3.5 MPH. I normally walk for 20 minutes at that speed with a one minute cool down at 2 - 2.5 MPH.

For the first 2-3 minutes of the workout, the belt slows to a stop while I'm walking. If I get off the belt and stand on the side rails for a second or two, the belt speed picks back up again. This happens several times until I've gone for about 3 minutes on the timer. After that it continues until the end of my workout without interruption.

I'm at a loss.

Thanks for your help.