Mark
Mark, Technician
Experience:  6+ years of experience repairing digital/analog electronics equipment
18289839

my toshiba dvd player says invalid disc when I load it.

my toshiba dvd player says " invalid disc " when I load it. the disc is not a "bootleg" or anything homemade.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Mark replied 7 years ago.
hello

thanks for your question.

Try different disks and see if you get the same error. the disk may have the problem..
try this trick, get a bit of coton and a bit of window cleaner or desinfectant and mist the coton with it and then clean the laser from the dvd, it is very easy.

You should try the unit at other power outlet in your home. You should also try it to disconnect fom power supply for 10 minutes. That should do a reset for the unit.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I tried different disc's, I tried different outlets, I tried cleaning the laser eye, I tried unplugging to reset [15 min] unit.....no luck
Expert:  Mark replied 7 years ago.

When did you start to see this problem? did you notice anything that might have caused this?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It was working fine one day, and the next time I used the device, approx. 2 weeks later, it has malfunctioned. There was nothing that precipitated this malfunction. It was stored in the original packaging in a dry place [my coset]
Expert:  Mark replied 7 years ago.
Hello

It seems that the internal part just needs thorough cleaning.. no part will need to get replaced but you will have to open it and clean with compressed air.

look for loose connections.. If you cant do this at home then taking it for repair seems to be the only option..
this will void the warranty so if its under warranty, call manufacturer and send it back.. they will repair/replace for you.

Good luck. Please accept if helpful.