Dan, Master Electronic Technician
Experience:  Over 40 years experience in the service and repair of all types of electronic equipment.
12940042

My Nextar 14-BCT Backup camera has terrible interference, and

My Nextar GPS 14-BCT complete with wireless Backup camera has terrible interference, and can barely be viewed. Any suggestions before I return it?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.
If this unit is the wireless version of backup cameras that I think it is, I have seen various results based on the vehicle it is installed on. Personally, I am not a fan of the wireless cameras due to interference issues. If at all possible, I usually recommend a wired unit to ensure greater reliability. If, in your situation, you are not getting a strong enough signal from the transmitter to the receiver, then I would return it. While it is possible it could be defective, chances are it may not work for your vehicle.
If I can be of any further assistance, please let me know.