GKC, engineer
Experience:  M.S. in engineering. many years of experience in Electornics

I have a B&O Beocom 6000 phone system with the base / headset

I have a B&O Beocom 6000 phone system with the base / headset and four additional headsets. The number on the bottom of the base is(NNN) NNN-NNNN/ Park 36-000077000774 / SN: 107004688137306. I cannot get a dial tone and I suspect the base is the problem. I tried unplugging and replugging the electric cord and telephone cord and powering off the main handset....all with no luck. That trick has worked before with other B&O products. I am wondering if I should try and purchase another base on ebay or just send the base and all the handsets in for repair. If the latter seems the way to go, do you have a recommendation for a quick repair shop and any estimate on the cost?? Many thanks for your assistance.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  GKC replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

First of all you should unplug everything from power outlet and phone lines. Let it stay disconnected for 10 minutes and then connect them back. That should reset the system.

If the problem persists I would recommend calling a store first and check with them that is it the base that needs repair or all foor handsetes.

you can find authroized dealers list here.
Go there and select the city you live in. You will find the telephone number.

From my experience most likely its a Base unit problem and you can have it either repaired or you can get a new one.
If the repair shop is close to your place then you can just take them there and drop it off and they will be happy to help you find the problem.

If the base needs replacement the repair costs could vary from $30-$60 in my experience but again it depends on the problem or part that needs replacement.

Good luck with the phone system.

Please Accept If I was helpful.