Rod, Systems Engineer
Experience:  FCC Commercial Licenses, BSCS, ASEET, 40+years Electronics & Communication Systems
14090506

My phone system is displaying no link to base,try again .

My phone system is displaying "no link to base,try again". I have followed the insruction book and the phones refuse to re-register.Model No. is KX-TG2432. Please HELP!!!
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer

I have seen this with many diffrent phones friends have brought to me to fix. It is either a broken antenna wire or the Tx/Rx (transmit recieve) circuit is fried.

In your case it is probably a broken wire as the system usually fails completly if the IC (integrated circuit) is toasted.

The other thing that causes this is the base unit not being powered. If it is unplugged you will get this message.

Please post any other concerns here.

Best regards, XXXXX XXXXX Smithy

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No!!! the answering machine is working, so the base must be plugged in.

Then you have an antenna wire that has broken off. Common problem with just about any portable phone.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I do not accept the charges! They did not answer my question!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
That is not an answer. The answering machine works. My extra phone works. Just the panasonic do not re-register!!! I will refuse the charges!!
Expert:  Rod replied 7 years ago.
Hi jehlman,

I will try to help. Do you have two phones for the base unit or just one?

Thanks,
rod
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
two phones
Expert:  Rod replied 7 years ago.
Hi jehlman,

What may be the problem is you are trying to re-register the phone with the other phone's ID. Place the phone you are registering in the base or charger and the phone ID will appear. Then once you have confirmed the ID re-register it with that ID. Also, ensure the new batteries have been charged for at least 6 hours. Do you still have the manual or would you like a copy?

Thanks,
Rod, Systems Engineer
Experience: FCC Commercial Licenses, BSCS, ASEET, 40+years Electronics & Communication Systems
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No I am not. ihave the manual. I have followed the instructions and both phones show the same. That is not the problem. HELP!!
Expert:  Rod replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer

Have you tried reseting the base unit? They way to do that is unplug the ac adapter to the unit for about 10 minutes from the base. Then try the registration again - you must ensure that the unit ID of the phones are the correct unit numbers to register. I do not understand your comment - This is not the problem.

Thanks,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have unplgged the system. I will reply in about 30 minutes.Customer
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Terrific!!! i cannot believe it worked,but disconnecting for a while seemed to solve the problem. Thank you Rod!Customer