Jeff
Jeff , Engineer
Experience:  BSEE 30+ years electronics, computers, radio & TV engineering & repair
14952870

I HAVE A GAF AUTOMATIC THREADING DUAL 8 MOVIE PROJECTOR AND

I HAVE A GAF AUTOMATIC THREADING DUAL 8 MOVIE PROJECTOR AND I CAN'T GET THE LAMP BULB TO WORK. THE BULB APPEARS TO BE INTACT.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Jeff replied 7 years ago.
HelloCustomer Look for the obvious thing first. If the bulb won't light, bad bulb. It may appear to be intact, but you really need to check it with an ohmmeter to be sure. While it's out, check the socket and base of the bulb for corrosion or contamination. Reinsert the bulb and try again.

If the motor won't run either, inspect the power cord for cracks, particularly at the plug and where the cord enters the projector. Flip the power switch about a dozen times, in case it's not making contact - particularly if the projector hasn't projected in a while.

There is sometimes a cover interlock switch which prevents the bulb from burning if the cover is open or the cooling fan isn't running. Check for correct operation.

These are pretty reliable units. Simple and functional. Even if you have to seek professional help, it ought not cost an arm and a leg.

If you think my advice reasonable please click Accept. Of course if you have any further questions or just aren't 100% satisfied let me know - we'll take off from there if you prefer. As always, positive feedback is a good thing. Thank you for asking JustAnswer. Jeff