Robotek
Robotek, Technician/Engineer
Experience:  30 years of experience repairing Sound and Vision equipment
14800499

have a Sanyo VCR Model VWM 385. During a recent series of power

Customer Question

have a Sanyo VCR Model VWM 385. During a recent series of power outages, it 'flipped' from a channel 3 setting to channel 4 and is no longer compatable with my TV which is cable set for channel 3. I no longer have the owner's manual for this unit. How do it get it to change back to the channel 3 setting? PS.. there is NO maunal switch to reset the channel setting. It's some obscure procedure.. like pressing the PLAY buttion three times while in the PLAY mode.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Robotek replied 7 years ago.
HoCustomer

Thanks for coming to JustAnswer with your problem. To confirm what is happening, can you answer me a quick question regarding the problem you are having.

When you say it has flipped to channel 4 setting, you are saying that it is actually working ok on ch 4, but interfering with another device that is also using channel 4?

regards
Graeme
Expert:  Robotek replied 7 years ago.
I have done some research and found a procedure you can try to setup the RF channel output for the VCR

While the VCR is turned off,
press and hold CHANNEL (up/down)
on the front panel for more than
five seconds (Indicators blinks as
below). Use CHANNEL (up/down) on
the front panel to change the RF
output channel (CH 03 or CH
04).

Try that and see how you go to reset the channel back to ch3 output.

Thanks for using JustAnswer to solve your problem. If this solution sorts out the problem,please hit the Accept button.

regards
Graeme
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'll check and see if that works. It's certainly the right KIND of action if not the exact one! Thanks.. Let you know.. - PG