Brad829
Brad829, Technician
Experience:  40+ years in the industry as well as a Ham radio extra class operator.
14541849

my projector (hc1500) the power indicator is steady red till

my projector (hc1500) the power indicator is steady red till i turn it on then green, the status indicator comes on green as well, the projector tries to turn on then is followed by a ticking sound it does this three times with the indicators not changing then stops with the power indicator turning steady red and the status indicator flashing green, first quickly flashing then finishing with a couple of longer flashes,then off with only the power on red still i have tried to troubleshoot from the manual ,please help!!
HelloCustomer My name is XXXXX XXXXX I can help you with this. I believe this is a mitsubishi unit.

I have it here and will send you a copy. Please follow the instructions in your manual on how to replace the bulb.

You need a new bulb. The cost is around $400.00. I suggest highly that you purchase ONLY a mitsubishi bulb. Please read the precautions on replacing it as well as disposal. The bulb is fragile and can break and shatter as well it contains Mercury.

Before you replace the bulb do a reset on the bulb time.

The information below is from the user manual.

Reset of the lamp operation time
Plug in the power cord and reset the lamp operation time by
holding down the ??, ??, and POWER buttons on the control
panel at the same time.

(The two squares are actually the arrow buttons)

Important:
• Unless these three buttons are pressed at the same time, the lamp operation time isn’t reset.
• Make sure that the STATUS indicator blinks twice and the lamp operation time is reset successfully.
• The projector doesn’t turn on if the lamp cover isn’t attached securely.
• Be sure to reset the lamp operation time whenever you replace the lamp.
• Do not reset the lamp operation time unless you replace the lamp.
• The lamp is fragile. If it is broken, be careful not to cut yourself with glass fragments.
• Contact your dealer for a new lamp.
• This projector uses a lamp that contains mercury. Disposal of the lamp or the projector with the lamp may be
regulated due to environmental considerations. For disposal or recycling information, please contact your local
authorities or the Electronic Industries Alliance: www.eiae.org. (For the U.S. only.)

Mitsubishi # XXXXX - Replacement Projection Lamp - For Projector Models HC3000U - HD1000U - HC1500
•Manufacturer: Mitsubishi
•Manufacturer's Part #: VLT-HC910LP
•Replacement Projection Lamp
•30 Day Warranty from Invoice Date
•OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer)
Fits Projector Models:
•HC3000U
•HD1000U
•HC1500
Catalog Code: LCD-VLTHC910LP

$380.00 Each

http://www.1000bulbs.com/MITSUBISHI/
http://www.focusedtechnology.com/mitlam.html Same price
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thank you brad much appriciated :)