Rod, Systems Engineer
Experience:  FCC Commercial Licenses, BSCS, ASEET, 40+years Electronics & Communication Systems

I cant get the computer to sync with the projector. The power

Customer Question

I cant get the computer to sync with the projector. The power point program wont show. I've tried using the Function button with the F keys with no luck.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Rod replied 5 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

What is the manufacture and model number of your projector? What screen resolution are you using on the computer?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Thanks,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Dell Projector, not sure of resolution.
Expert:  Rod replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer

I need the model number of the Dell Projector to determine its capabilities. To find the resolution of the computer you are using righ-click the screen and select properties. Go to the settings tab and at the lower left it will give you the resolution and on the right the color depth.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Dell M409xx. Resolution on my computer: 1280 x 800: Color 32 bits
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The projector is not getting the signal from the computer. Projector message says searching for signal
Expert:  Rod replied 5 years ago.
HiCustomer

Your projector should be able to handle the resolution with no problem, I'm assuming you are using the VGA connector. Sometimes, they will sync on an input port that's not in use. Shutdown the computer and leave the projector on. Then boot up the computer and the projector should automatically find your computer. Ensure that you have the laptop enabled to send the video out the port. Some computers have multiple functions on the display setting - one send out the port and shuts off the local screen, another push and does both, and then another one will restore to the laptop screen. Also, there is a source button on the projector remote that has a button titled source - that should run the projector to check the different inputs.

Rod, Systems Engineer
Experience: FCC Commercial Licenses, BSCS, ASEET, 40+years Electronics & Communication Systems