Edward
Edward, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Technician for 40+ years. Electronics has been my hobby for 50+ years.
3134513

i have a sharp projector that is flashing lamp light red stand

Customer Question

i have a sharp projector that is flashing lamp light red stand by light is flashing green. there is no picture showing in the projector screen. what is the problem with the device? I just had high definition cable hooked up to it and maybe about an hour later the screen was blank. I hadn't had any problems before that moment. I've had it for about a year now if that long I don't leave it on for more than 2 at 3 hours a day
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Edward replied 6 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

What is the model number of the projector?

Are there any lights lit or flashing on the unit?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

it is Sharp XR-10X DLP projector. Yes the lamp light on projector flashes green for about five minutes then red. the standby light is a steady green then it flashes then both turn red power itself off and comes back on both lights a steady red

Expert:  Edward replied 6 years ago.

Unplug the projector for a minute of more to see if this allows the projector to operate. I believe the lamp will need to be replaced. Information for replacing the lamp and the LED indicators is in the manual for the projector. The owner's manual for this projector can be viewed, downloaded or printed by clicking here if needed.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Edward

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. By accepting you are agreeing that I have satisfactorily answered your questions. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your Just Answer's account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.

Note: If the icons or other text makes the page unreadable please refresh the page. Sorry for this inconvenience.