Pmiller
Pmiller, Retail and technician
Experience:  Many yrs. of electronics experience including expert knowledge in car audio/video.
12888663

toshiba portable dvd player sd-p1900sn has sound but no picture...how

Customer Question

toshiba portable dvd player sd-p1900sn has sound but no picture...how can this be?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Pmiller replied 5 years ago.
I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your DVD player. The first thing you should try is to hard reset the unit. Take the battery out for about 4 hours then try again. Unfortunately I don't believe the reset will work in your particular case but it's worth a shot. I believe you have a problem with the internal video processor or the lcd screen itself. The symptoms you have described ditcates to me one of the two has failed. Either of these conditions will need to be tended to by a technician as there is no easy comsumer fix for this type of problem besides a reset.
Please check you warranty to see if there is any time left so the manufacturer can take care of the repair for you.
I have provided a direct link to there service site for you here: TOSHIBA SERVICE

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need further information...Good luck.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!
Thank You,
Phil

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and do not need more clarification or answers to resolve your problem.

If you accept my answer, please leave positive feedback and I will as well.
If you do not feel you can leave positive feedback please do not accept the answer.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Phil,

Can you make the repairs on this unit or refer me to a good repairman, tell me about how much I should expect to pay (wherever it can be repaired) or tell me if it would be cheaper to buy a replacement?

Thanks,

Diane

Expert:  Pmiller replied 5 years ago.
Unfortnately...if the unit is no longer covered under a warranty chances are a repair will cost about as much or even possibly more then a new one. Especially since the price of them has come down quite a bit in the last year. I hope this helps...good luck.
Expert:  Pmiller replied 5 years ago.
Unfortnately...if the unit is no longer covered under a warranty chances are a repair will cost about as much or even possibly more then a new one. Especially since the price of them has come down quite a bit in the last year. You can find a great deal on a new one HERE: PORTABLE DVD PLAYERS
I hope this helps...good luck.
Pmiller, Retail and technician
Experience: Many yrs. of electronics experience including expert knowledge in car audio/video.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for the information, Phil. Sure wish it could have been fixed but I'm glad to finally know what to do with the unit.

Diane

Expert:  Pmiller replied 5 years ago.
Have a great day and good luck. Try to avaiod the pay now if you get one from the site...If you play the auctions right you can get one a good bit cheaper than the buy now price
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks again, Phil. We use this for our daughter who has disabilities--makes travel easier while she sits in her wheelchair. We will need to replace the unit; sad it is at the holiday season when money is already tight. Will take your advice and try to get a bargain;)

D.

Expert:  Pmiller replied 5 years ago.
Thank you as well