Pmiller
Pmiller, Retail and technician
Experience:  Many yrs. of electronics experience including expert knowledge in car audio/video.
12888663

I am getting an error Print Unable 50 on my Brother MFC-5460CN

I am getting an error Print Unable 50 on my Brother MFC-5460CN and cannot find an answer in the manual.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
When did this start happening? When you first turned it on tho print or during a print job?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The printer/scanner and copier were working fine for about 2 months then this happened one day during a print job.
I am sorry to hear you are having problems with your printer.
You error code seems to indicate that your encorder strip is twisted or has some debris on spot on it which will make the unit will malfunction. You may need to take it to a service center if you do not have any experience in dissasembling your unit as this will bee needed to reeat your strip.
If you wish to do it your self...
1) Lift cover. Remove the two plastic panels covering wires. Mark down position of cables then remove them, and remove the now-freed top scanner section entirely.
2) Remove screws from top plastic shell. There's two in the back and four in the front. There's also two plastic tabs in the front that must be bent aside before you can remove the top shell. Dont break tabs!
3) Gently put the encoder strip back in its plastic guide.
reassemble and power it up. You should be good now.
I hope this helps. If you need any further information, or more help please let me know.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!
Thank You,
Phil

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and do not need more clarification or answers to resolve your problem.

If you accept my answer, please leave positive feedback and I will as well.
If you do not feel you can leave positive feedback please do not accept the answer.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am not sure what an encoder strip is. I have the printer open
Ok,
Check back in about 15 minutes and i will post some pic for you.
I am sorry, I can not get the pics to work correctly. The encoder..You will probably see a plastic guide the has a strip hanging out of it. It happens sometimes after major paper jam. The piece is under the plastic shell, which is under the scanning assembly.