Edward
Edward, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Technician for 40+ years. Electronics has been my hobby for 50+ years.
3134513

how to wire a astatic d104 4 pin mic to a cobra 2000gtl

Customer Question

Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Edward replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. Please click here for the information you have requested.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Edward

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. By accepting you are agreeing that I have satisfactorily answered your questions. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.

Note: If the icons or other text makes the page unreadable please refresh the page. Sorry for this inconvenience.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hello Ed,

It took a long time for this reply ... during that time i had figured out how to wire the D104.

Your diagram shows the cobra wiring for a 5 pin cobra mic... No mention for a D104, 4 pin ..!! There is a differance ... for your information if ever asked again .. on the D104 taug-8 mic ... pin 1 is white(audio) ... pin 2 is shield... pin 3 is rx... and pin 5 is tx ...!!!

Sorry ED ,,can't accept at this time ..

Expert:  Edward replied 7 years ago.
Sorry it took so long. The question was listed in the incorrect category and I just happened to see it and moved it to the correct category. GREAT! I am glad you have the unit repaired. If you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. I hope you will return to Just Answer again. Please tell your friends about Just Answer. Your deposit if applicable, will remain in your account until you request otherwise. I will ask for this question to be closed.

There is no need to reply to this post unless you have additional questions. It will only generate a request for me to reply to your post.

Regards,

Edward
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

OK Edward,

I have a Land Command Mobile CB .. LCMS-4.... AM,SSB radio... NO MIC ...!!

It has a 4 pin male connector for the MIC ...

Any MIC will do ... How do i wire up the MIC... I need color wire or TX, RX and GR pin locations ... You can recieve without a Mic connected ... !!! ONLY 3 pins are connected inside the radio ... yellow, blue and clear or white..

Thanks

Edward

Expert:  Edward replied 7 years ago.

I have opted out of this question since I have no information on this model in my database. By opting out this prompts other experts to reply if they have the answer for you. Hopefully another expert will respond soon.

Regards,

Edward

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

ED,

Thank you for your prompt response..Egerely awaiting for another tech,s answer