Brian
Brian , Audio/ Video Guru
Experience:  Custom Home Theater, Custom Car Audio, Acoustical Specialist, Computers
6457309

Installed a metal roof on my house Cell signal very ...

Installed a metal roof on my house: Cell signal very weak. Sometime no signal at all. What can I do to better my signal. I have AT&T. Verizon works well any place in the house
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Brian replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Welcome to Just Answer.

Sorry to hear about your problem.

Metal roof or siding will definitely interfere with cell phone signal/ reception.

A good, low-cost method is a device called the Freedom Antenna by Arc Wireless. For about $40, this antenna, about the size of the hand, plugs into your cellphone, and the company claims an eightfold increase in cellphone reception. Depending on the version you buy, you might also have to pay about $15 for an adapter that connects your particular phone model to the antenna cable. It comes with suction cups so you can mount it on a window. You are somewhat limited because you have to keep your phone plugged into the device, and the cord stretches only so far. But if you are frustrated by dropped calls and weak signals, this might help.

You can use an antenna system if your phone (or data card) has an antenna port. A good place to check is wpsantenna.com. This Web site sells antenna amplifiers and repeaters, including the Arc Freedom Antenna, and offers a list of phone models that have antenna ports.

ZBoost makes a great product for consumers, and it's very easy to install. You simply mount an antenna near a window, or in your attic, and it creates a "cell zone" from the wireless transmitter. Click Here to see one.

If you need further help or clarification on this answer, please do not hesitate to reply to this post.

Thanks for asking your question at Just Answer.

Best of Luck, Brian

Please leave feedback at your convenience.