John , Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

flashing white on screen of dlp tv

Customer Question

I submitted a question on May 13th about my samsung dlp hln 5065w. I replaced the bulb per your advice and that seemed to fix it for a week. Now I am back to the original problem. After the tv is on for an hour it starts having white shadowey flashes across the screen. It is worse during brighter pictures. I shut off the tv and turn it back on and it goes away for 20 minutes. Is this the dmd board failing?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Steve G. replied 8 years ago.
Can you tell me more about the flashing. Is it the lamp flashing on and off or a white artifact in the actual image?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It is not the bulb flashing off, the picture is still there. It is like white shadows flashing horizontally across the picture
Expert:  Steve G. replied 8 years ago.
Are the flashes randomly positioned or do they always appear in the same location(s) on the screen?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
They are randomly positioned. They kinda move with the picture. It starts out on the brighter part of the screen and it is not noticeable on the dark pictures then it progresses to all the pictures.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
what do you think?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Is this something anyone can fix?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  Steve G. replied 8 years ago.

Sorry about that. You had started a duplicate thread. I thought I had answered to that. I had it closed so that you don't go back to it.

I'm up in the air about this one. I'm going to opt out and have another expert look at it. Hang in there.