Edward
Edward, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Technician for 40+ years. Electronics has been my hobby for 50+ years.
3134513

sanyo pro xtrax

No Comment Added
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Edward replied 6 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you explain what is your question?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Edward's Post: Edward,

I have a Sanyo PRO xTraX Multiverse Projector. It was working fine. The bulb is good and I have cleaned the filter in it. What's happening is that everytime I turn it on. It would stay running for 5-10 minutes, then it must over heat or something and shuts itself down.

I know I owe you guys 5.00 and this is my first time using this website. If this is really legitimate, I will be more than happy to pay.

thanks,
Paul
Expert:  Edward replied 6 years ago.

What is the model number of the projector?

How long have you owned the unit?

Do you wish to repair this yourself, if so and if needed, what type of electronic training do you have?

What type of test equipment do you own?

Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Edward's Post: I can't get the model number. It's mounted upside down on the ceiling.

I'm a network engineer. I have plenty of training in IT. As for electronic training I don't have much of. I am however, can work on laptops and PCs.

I really think the bulb is going bad. I think that's what causing the unit to over heat.
Expert:  Edward replied 6 years ago.

Without the model number I cannot supply specific information. Normally the bulb going bad does not cause the projector to shut down. I would suspect that the overheating is being caused by either a failing cooling fan or blocked air flow. Often dust can buildup inside the projector even with the filter. The projector does have a safety circuit in addition to a thermo switch that will shut the unit down if it detects a problem with the circuitry or cooling.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Edward

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. By accepting you are agreeing that I have satisfactorily answered your questions. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Edward,

I believe the Model Number: POA-LMP47
I have already cleaned the filter. Both fans are spinning as well. That's why I'm a little puzzled.
Expert:  Edward replied 6 years ago.

The operators manual for this model can be downloaded or viewed by clicking here. What indicators are lit when the projector shuts down?

Regards,

Edward

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
READY and LAMP are the only two indicators lit.
Expert:  Edward replied 6 years ago.
What color is the lamp light when the projector shuts down? The ready light is lit green when the projector shuts down?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Lamp light is RED.
Expert:  Edward replied 6 years ago.
The ready light is lit green when the projector shuts down?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes the READY light is GREEN when it is shut down.

The LAMP light is RED because I believe the Lamp replacement counters are not reset. It stated that on the manual. I'm goint to test the lamp on this unit. I have another exactly alike projector that is in working condition.
Expert:  Edward replied 6 years ago.
Let me know if you need additional help. Having another projector to compare the lamps will determine if it is the lamp or not.
Edward, Technician
Experience: Electronics Technician for 40+ years. Electronics has been my hobby for 50+ years.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Will do Edward.