Steve G. , Engineer
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut since 1974. Home Theater advisor. Vinyl holdout!
329447

How do I unlock a Polaroid Television, password XXXXX forgotten?

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Steve G. replied 8 years ago.
What is the model number of the TV?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Steve the Home Theater Guru's Post: the tv is Polaroid TDA-02610C,
Expert:  Steve G. replied 8 years ago.

The code is 0,0,0,0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Steve the Home Theater Guru's Post: My daughter had put a password XXXXX this tv and she forgot it, so 0000 does not work. the company told me 1078 and that doesn't work either. I will definitely pay if it gets unlocked.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 8 years ago.
Ok, confirm the model number again please.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Steve the Home Theater Guru's Post: polaroid TDA-02610C
Expert:  Steve G. replied 8 years ago.

Here is the user manual: http://www.polaroid.com/service/userguides/ce/lcd_tvs/tda-02610_tdx-02610_ug_en.pdf

Page 48 indicates that the factory default code is 0,0,0,0 so this is what you do.

Unplug the TV overnight. It will reset. If the lock is still applied, 0,0,0,0 will unlock it.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Steve the Home Theater Guru's Post: no that does not work, the tv has been unplugged for days and I just plugged it back in and hit 0000 and it said it was denied.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 8 years ago.
Wierd. Let me get back to you after I research.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 8 years ago.

Ok. Try 3,8,0,8

Let me know.

If I have helped, please click ACCEPT. It is the only way I get paid for my work. Also, please consider leaving feedback and a bonus if possible. I will be here to help you further.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I went to the parental lock part on the menu and entered 3808 and it told be incorrect, please try again. I will do a bonus if you get it to work
Expert:  Steve G. replied 8 years ago.

Try this.

Go to Menu>Settings and highlight the little TV screen with the wrench in it.

Somewhere in there is a 'Reset Default' option.

Do that and restart the TV

It should then work with 0000.

Let me know.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Steve the Home Theater Guru's Post: No, I know that doesn't work I tried that before contacting you.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 8 years ago.

Well, that came straight from Polaroid's tech support line.

I'm sorry I can't help you.

I will opt out and maybe someone else can help.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for the help, hopefully someone out there has other ideas.