Edward
Edward, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Technician for 40+ years. Electronics has been my hobby for 50+ years.
3134513

how do I turn off the FPA lock on my RCA ...

Customer Question

how do I turn off the "FPA" lock on my RCA T.V. without the remote?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Edward replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

What is the model number of the TV?

How long have you owned the TV?

What have you tried to correct the problem?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I've had the t.v. for about 4 years & I don't have the original remote.
some how the "FPA" lock is on, and I can not turn it off. I press the menu button and screen says "FPA lock on". I press any button and that's what it says.
the model # XXXXX XXXXX
right now my screen is blue. in the upper right corner it states "CATV" 10 mono.
i can change the channels to any # XXXXX my universal remote, but there is no signal
Expert:  Edward replied 8 years ago.

I am going to provide you some information that will hopefully remove the lock. If it does not please do not accept the answer. Press and hold the channel up button on the TV and press the volume up button at the same time. If this does not work repeat this but pressing the volume down button. With the original remote you would Press VOL- on the TV's front panel and then CLEAR on the remote for approximately 5 seconds. If you have the non working original remote click here for information on having it repaired.

If this information does not correct the problem, please do not accept this answer.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Edward

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer.