Edward
Edward, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Technician for 40+ years. Electronics has been my hobby for 50+ years.
3134513

I have a Sony Trinitron SRS BBE tv. I notice that

I have a Sony Trinitron SRS BBE tv. I notice that the glass screen seems like it have streaks like a coating that is comming off. Whats that about?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Edward replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

What is the model number of the TV?

How long have you owned the TV?

What have you tried to correct the problem?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
On the screen you can see black streaks just like a film that seems to be comming off. The TV is 5 years old its a Sony 36 inch. can not find the model # XXXXX than what is on the friont (SRS-BBE). I bought it from Best Buy. I did research the web and found 22 other complaints about this same problem, however Sony say's no such problem has been made to them.Being A Camera Nut I am aware that you can not use any type of cleaner or chemical to clean. It has only been cleaned with a micofiber cloth lightly damp, as suggested by Sony.
Expert:  Edward replied 8 years ago.

Although Sony will not admit to the problem of the coating peeling from the screen there is little that can be done except for replacement of the screen. Not knowing the model number, which would be on the back of the TV near where the power cord is attached, I cannot tell you if the problem is the protective screen, or the CRT itself.

Please do not accept unless you are positive you are 100% satisfied with the information provided. Let me know if you would like me to opt out and have another expert assist you.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Edward

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
What is the CRT?
Expert:  Edward replied 8 years ago.

A CTR is the picture tube on the TV. (Cathode ray tube)

.