Edward
Edward, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Technician for 40+ years. Electronics has been my hobby for 50+ years.
3134513

SAMSUNG 46 DLP TV has vertical black bars that

SAMSUNG 46" DLP TV has vertical black bars that flicker on and off the screen. They are getting to where they stay there constantly. Lamp is almost new. Kind of looks like bars of a jail. What is it and what else (besides the lamp) could it be?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Edward replied 6 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

What is the model number of the TV?

How long have you owned the TV?

What have you tried to correct the problem?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Samsung HLP5063WX Widescreen HD-Ready DLP Television (might be 50"). We have had the TV for almost 3 years and replaced the lamp 2 times so far. The current lamp is almost a year old. I have tried to fix it by restarting the TV and everything attached to it, taking the small panel off the back where the lamp replacements go and dusting it really well (we do this often anyway) with a can of electronics air, and we let the TV cool down for an entire day to see if maybe it was the heat mixed with the sensitive electronics. It does it on all the AV channels and via the HDMI cable so I am positive it is not a cable. Is my TV dying or could it be the lamp after all?
Expert:  Edward replied 6 years ago.
Do you wish to repair this yourself, if so and if needed, what type of electronic training do you have?

What type of electronic test equipment do you own?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
If all I need to do is replace the lamp, then yes, I would like to repair it myself. I don't have any type of electronic test equipment and no type of electronic training. If needed, I can take it to a repairman, but I prefer to explore all other options first.
Expert:  Edward replied 6 years ago.

From what you have told me the TV is going to need more than a lamp replacement. A defective lamp will not cause the problem you have described. Without testing it would be just a guess what the problem could be. Sorry to say the TV is going to need to be serviced to get it operating correctly. The problem could be anything from cold solder connections to failing parts.

Please do not accept unless you are positive you are 100% satisfied with the information provided. Let me know if you would like me to opt out and have another expert assist you.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you are satisfied with my answer. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Edward

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid.

If you accept my answer please leave positive feedback.

If you do not feel you can leave positive feedback, please do not accept the answer.

If you do not accept, your deposit if you made one, will remain in your account until you request otherwise.

Edward, Technician
Experience: Electronics Technician for 40+ years. Electronics has been my hobby for 50+ years.