Steve G., Engineer
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut since 1974. Home Theater advisor. Vinyl holdout!
329447

How do I replace the fan No. 2 in a Samsung DLP TV model # XXXXX

Customer Question

Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Steve G. replied 8 years ago.

Hello and welcome. I am familiar with your TV. The procedure is not hard to do and will take you a couple of hours. I was initially going to type it all out but I found a web page by someone who performed this work on a smaller set from the same series (a 42").

There are even photos. I will be here if you have any questions. I have not done this on a Samsung but am familiar with the TV. If you have any questions, ask away.

http://www.jangro.com/a/2006/09/29/samsung-dlp-how-to-replace-fan-2/

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Steve, Thanks for your answer but I already found that and printed it out after I submitted the question. I am very dismayed that the "system" already charged my credit card, eventhough it said that I would not be charged until I accepted the answer. I am going to accept because I may need you later (-: for some questions. From your response, I assume they will be covered with this payment?
Bill
Expert:  Steve G. replied 8 years ago.

The way that JA works is that you are charged and the money is deposited. However, no expert receives payment until you click ACCEPT. If you do not accept, the money stays on deposit until you use it. You can get a refund if you plan not to return.

I will be here to help with any further troubleshooting. Ask for me or just add them onto this thread.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks, Bill