Brian
Brian, Audio/ Video Guru
Experience:  Custom Home Theater, Custom Car Audio, Acoustical Specialist, Computers

hello ihave a magnavox 52 inch hd projection tv it is ...

hello ihave a magnavox 52 inch hd projection tv it is 3 years old you have some red in the screen everything is double on the screen we have direct tv at the top of the screen the writing has a red wave have tried adjusting all settings does not help any ideas thanks
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Steve G. replied 6 years ago.

Hello and welcome. Could you tell the experts here the make and model number of the TV.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the model number is XXXXX and it is a Magnavox HDTV
Expert:  Brian replied 6 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Welcome to Just Answer.

Unfortunately, your convergence IC's inside the t.v. are defective. I would only recommend fixing this yourself if you are familiar with electronics, soldering and reading service manuals. Also, there are high voltages stored inside these sets, so keep this in mind if you decide to do the work yourself .

You will need the service manual to begin and I can help you with that, if needed. The defective convergence IC's will need to be unsoldered and removed and then the new IC's will be soldered with heat sink compound applied on the backs. After that, go onto the service mode to re-align the main convergence of the set, since the typical convergence adjustments will not adequately align.

If you are not comfortable with soldering or taking apart a t.v. that contains high voltages, I would recommend having your local electronics serviceperson take a look at it.

If you need further help or clarification on this question, please reply to this post.

Best of Luck, Brian

Please click the green "ACCEPT" icon, if you are completely satisfied with my answer

PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK; it is important to me

BONUSES are appreciated

This is a FEE based website & your payment allows us to be here for you

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
where are the ic's located i have removed the back panel and i saw all of the electronics and the lights thanks
Expert:  Brian replied 6 years ago.
Customer

Click on this link for the service manual, PDF file....you will definitely need it. It explains how to do everything. I had a chance to skim thru it....it is pretty big...and noticed that there is an exploded view on p.185 and parts list on p.492. Let me know if you need any more help.

Best of Luck, Brian

BONUSES are appreciated

Brian, Audio/ Video Guru
Experience: Custom Home Theater, Custom Car Audio, Acoustical Specialist, Computers