Edward
Edward, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Technician for 40+ years. Electronics has been my hobby for 50+ years.

i have a mitsubishi dlp 65 inch tv and the bulb keeps going ...

Customer Question

i have a mitsubishi dlp 65 inch tv and the bulb keeps going out 2 times in less than a year
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Edward replied 6 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

What is the model number of the TV?

How long have you owned the TV?

What have you tried to correct the problem?

Do you wish to repair this yourself, if so and if needed, what type of electronic training do you have?

What type of electronic test equipment do you own?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Edward's Post: model # XXXXX XXXXX it will be one year old on 2/17/08 the red lamp light came on first time in 9/07 had no picture but had sound. I replaced the lamp my self and mitsu. cover it. Then on 1/26/08 the red lamp light came on again this time no picture and no sound. If you let it sit for an hour then turn it back on tv would work find for 15 to 20 min. Mitsu sent some one out to look at tv over a week ago I was told lamp is bad and palist but have not heard from then since. It should not of blowen 2 lamps that quick
Expert:  Edward replied 6 years ago.

I would suggest that you get the service back to fix the TV before the warrenty expires. The ballast could be causing the lamp problem but with the TV working for 15 to 20 minutes this tells me the lamp is not bad at this time. The safety circuitry in the TV shutting it down could be caused by several things. If you attempt any repair yourself this can void the remaining warrenty.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you are satisfied with my answer. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Edward

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer.

If you accept my answer please leave feedback.