Edward
Edward, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Technician for 40+ years. Electronics has been my hobby for 50+ years.
3134513

I have a Viewsonic N2750W LCD TV that turns on,

Customer Question

I have a Viewsonic N2750W LCD TV that turns on, has a picture for less than a second then goes dark. The sound continues and the tuner changes channels ok but sound only no video. Any ideas??
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Edward replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer.

Could you explain your situation a little more?

How long have you owned the TV?

What have you tried to correct the problem?

Do you wish to repair this yourself, if so, what type of electronic training do you have?

What type of electronic test equipment do you own?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem.

Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Expert:  Edward replied 8 years ago.

If you will use a flashlight to shine on the screen, and if you and see if you see some any image on the screen at all, the back light has failed. Once you have supplied the information I requested I will supply additional information on the repair needed.

Regards,

Edward

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Edward's Post: Hello,
I just got the TV. It was working until about two weeks ago. I have the back off the unit. I haven't done anything to it yet. I am doing research online trying to get some insight into what could be wrong and if it is worth fixing.
Yes I want to repair it myself. I am A+ certified and have taken some electronics courses. Still a rookie with anything other than computers.
Don't have a lot of test equipment. A digital VOM meter, logic probe (never used it)and I do have an older oscilloscope (never used it).
I did shine a flashlight on the screen while the audio was on and could see no image. The picture flashes on briefly then goes blank. The tuner switches channels and audio is fine just no video. From what investigation I have done so far I am seeing the inverter panel may be the culprit. In looking at the back of the set I don't see the inverter panel. It must be deeper inside the unit.
Thanks for your help so far.
Expert:  Edward replied 8 years ago.

Please do not click on the accept button. This is not the answer to your question.

If this is a new model the set will be covered under the 1 year warrenty. I do not have the service manual for this model number set. I am going to opt out of this question in hopes that another expert will have the answer for you. Hopefully you will have an answer soon.

Regards,

Edward

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.