jaimzness
jaimzness, Engineer
Experience:  DAW and MIDI techniques. Keyboard and synthesizer programming. Electronic repair.
38010568

I have a Kurzwell 2500X. I have not had it for the past 8

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I have a Kurzwell 2500X. I have not had it for the past 8 yearsl and I need help on how to set it up just to produce some sound. Is there any hope for me?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is 10 yrs old. It is a K2500X.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It has not been played for 10 years. I am sure that I do not have it hooked up correctly. I do not remember what inserts that I am supposed to put the plugs in....any hope?
JA: Anything else you want the instrument expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would like to know where the mixer plug would go as well.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  DJAVS replied 4 months ago.

Hello, may name is***** am an audio engineer and previously worked for Guitar Center.On the back of your keyboard, there are many outputs for sound. The one most used is the one labeled MIX, L, (MONO). This audio jack is at the opposite end of the keyboard from the power cord. It is the third one in. You would use an instrument cable (or guitar cable) to connect this to an audio mixer, keyboard amplifier or guitar amplifier. Plug the power cable in and turn it on using the switch next to the power cable. If the keyboard does not turn on, you might need to replace the battery ( I can tell you how to do that). Is there anything else you would like to connect to your keyboard? Just let me know if there is anything else you would like to connect and I will help you out.

Thank you, Doug