Ron Winston
Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years
Experience:  Factory Certified Technician
96084425

THE ADAPTER ( I HOPE IT CORRECTLY ) WHERE THE WIRE CONNECTS

Customer Question

HI THE ADAPTER ( I HOPE I'M NAMING IT CORRECTLY ) WHERE THE WIRE CONNECTS TO THE MACHINE IS LOOSE OR BROKEN. WHAT DO I DO?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: OH SURE KORG PA500
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: WHAT SHOULD I TRY
JA: Anything else you want the instrument expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: MAYBE YOU TELL ME WHAT TO PREPARE FOR HIM
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Ron Winston replied 5 months ago.

hello my name is ***** ***** I am a Korg technician. I think you are speaking of the connector where the power comes in. If that is correct you probably have one of three problems. any of which you would have to open the unit and use a souldering iron. (1) the connector inside is souldered to the board inside. the most common problem is the soulder has broken louse and will have to be resouldered. (2) the connector is broken and will have to be replaced. (3) the board the connector is souldered to is broken and will have to be replaced.

I hope this has helped and if you have any additional problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you