Ron Winston
Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years
Experience:  Factory Certified Technician
96084425

I have a Casio Privia digital piano on which only one key is

Customer Question

I have a Casio Privia digital piano on which only one key is stuck in the down position and won't return to the up position. It will sound when depressed but then doesn't come back up. I have tried wiggling it to see if it would come loose but to no avail.
I would hate to have to sent it away for repairs.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Ron Winston replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a certified technician. Casio used a keyboard made by Samic piano in their units. Sticking keys was a problem because of the design of the keyboard. There are several things that can cause a key to stick or hang down. First you could have a broken key. Second you could have a broken key weight or hammer as it is called. But the most common problem was the pivot rod that the hammer pivots on. They would bind up and not return. In any event the keyboard will have to be removed from the instrument for repair. The pivot rod binding the hammers was a common problem. If that is it you have two choices. First remove that rod and replace it. Samic has replacement rod kits for this. Second remove the rod and shave it down with sandpaper. This is not an easy repair so you might want to leave it to a technician.

I hope this has helped and if you have any additional problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your prompt reply to my inquiry.

I was hoping that there was an easy solution to the problem with my keyboard but it is what it is.

Do you know of any repair technicians in the Buffalo and Western New York area.

Thanks again for your help,

Ron Weber

I should be able to help you find a technician. Can you give me your ZIP code?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

My zip code is 14127

Thanks

good morning. I am having a problem with the website I use to bring up that information and as soon as I can bring it up I will answer your request.

OK here is the Casio repair centers in NY.

Armens Repair Shop

251 W. 30th Street
1st Floor
New York, NY 10001

(###) ###-####br />[F](###) ###-####

Heavy Electronics & Security2075 - 86 Street
Brooklyn, NY 11214

(###) ###-####br />[F](###) ###-####laine La Soreela
*****@******.***

Zebra Audio Visual Repair Service31 Pellbridge Dr.
Hopewell, NY 12533

(###) ###-####br />[F](###) ###-####ill Zachardi
*****@******.***