Ron Winston
Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years
Experience:  Factory Certified Technician
96084425

I have a Roland XP 60 and need to replace the battery soon.

Customer Question

I have a Roland XP 60 and need to replace the battery soon. How do I go about this and what are the issues with replacing the old battery?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Ron Winston replied 3 months ago.

hello my name is ***** ***** I am a Roland certified technician. Replacing the battery is not hard to do but there are several things you need to consider. 1) If you have made any changes to the basic setting's those would have been saved in the memory and if you remove the battery they will be lost. So back up the memory first. again.. BACK UP THE MEMORY FIRST. 2) turn the unit upside down and remove the bottom cover. 3) the battery is a coin type "CR2032" You can get them at almost any drug or grocery store. It should be in a socket on the main computer board. 4) pull the old battery out and put the new one in. BE CAREFULL NOT TO SHORT OUT THE NEW BATTERY AS YOU INSTALL IT. 5) reinstall the bottom. 6) reload the memory.

I hope this has helped and if you have any additional problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you