Ron Winston
Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years
Experience:  Factory Certified Technician
96084425

The pedal which bends the notes (like a steel guitar or

Customer Question

The pedal which bends the notes (like a steel guitar or country pedal stopped working...any idea where to start? Thanks, Richard
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: SXPR53. About 15 year old or so.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just happened now.....it was working all night rehearsing and the then on the next song it would not bend the notes anymore...I haven't begun troubleshooting yet
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is it for now
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
This is a Technics digital piano
Expert:  Ron Winston replied 18 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a Technics certified technician. The most common problem is the switches under the pedals. When you push a pedal down it activates a switch under it. That switch will go bad. There were two different switches that were used over the years. One looked like a rubber pad. If that is the one you can clean it with soap and water and then re-install it. The second one looked like a miniature micro switch. If it goes bad you would have to replace it. The problem is Technics is no longer around and there are no more parts. The one option you have is to switch it with one of the other switches down there. To access them you roll the cabinet on its side and remove the plastic case that holds them.

I hope this has helped and if you have any additional problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Expert:  Ron Winston replied 17 days ago.

Good morning, You answer request is still open so I wanted to check and see if you have the problem resolved or you need further ? Please let me know if you need more help.