jaimzness
jaimzness, Engineer
Experience:  DAW and MIDI techniques. Keyboard and synthesizer programming. Electronic repair.
38010568

Roland XP-80 keyboard. Turned it on it said low battery, and

Customer Question

Roland XP-80 keyboard. Turned it on it said low battery, and also said on screen, User mode damaged. It also had no sound. Does it just need a battery, or have I lost my sounds forever. Also, The display only reads part of the words on the screen..
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Louie replied 4 months ago.

Hi and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, the prescribed approach is to address first the battery issue.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry, I couldn't wait , I had a performance and had to change the batt myself. But, I'm sure I'll be contacting you folks later for programing the Roland XP-80. Again, please cancel my request for help. Jim Ingram Jr....
Expert:  Louie replied 4 months ago.

I understand.