MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Customer Service
Experience:  I repair the electronic end of most amplifiers and fix broken speaker systems.
11519491

I have RP100 with the leaking battery. Love the piano, just

I have RP100 with the leaking battery. Love the piano, just doesnt work
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Baldwin RP100, 1998
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have disassembled it and tried to clean the corrosion. But I think it's too much
JA: Anything else you want the instrument expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

Did the battery fluid leak intot the internal components?

If not you can replace this with ease. I will help you, also I can locate a good source for a new battery. But you will likely need to do some cleaning to get the corrosive acid off the connections. I will tell you what to use and how to do that as well;-)

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
The battery leaked onto the CB and now the piano will not boot up. I cleaned the area around the battery

Hi that circuit board will need to be replaced, I can locate a good source for this afternoon to replace that. Are you experienced in electronic rework and soldering?

If not, then I can help you locate a good service tech to replace that for you. That board is super sensitive to moisture and battery acid will render it useless and in need of replacement.

Please let me know on that and I will reply with the best answer possible for you. If you do have experience I will assist you all the way there wit the replacement proceedure as well;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I can solder, but this is surface solder so a board may be the best bet. I don't mind sending it out.