Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Dead keys on a Yamaha clavinova cvp 25, yamaha clavinova cvp

Customer Question

dead keys on a Yamaha clavinova cvp 25
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: yamaha clavinova cvp 25 not sure of age bought it used
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: been having trouble for a few weeks. tried to take it apart but cant figure out how the keys come out
JA: Anything else you want the instrument expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I think the key switches might
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The first thing to try is, to take an air compressor of the type used for filling tires, and blow air into the keys - especially between the key that is not working and the adjacent keys.

Then hold down the adjacent key on either side, one at a time, of the not-working key, and blow air into the crack opened between the keys that way.

Repeat this process for all defective keys. See if that straightens out the problem, just by itself.

(If it does cure the problem, well and good! and please rate my answer in that case.)

If it is not cured, even if it is improved, let me know, and I will advise you further toward a complete cure. Thanks.

Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 days ago.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my advice was helpful to the problem.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer. - A five-star rating would be appreciated!

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.)

Thanks.