Ron Winston
Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years
Experience:  Factory Certified Technician
96084425

Its old EP-9 Digital, 5 keys are frozen, 1998, for a year,

Customer Question

its old EP-9 Digital, 5 keys are frozen
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: 1998
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: for a year, one by one in random spots
JA: Anything else you want the instrument expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Ron Winston replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a Roland certified technician. Give me a moment to look into the issue and I will be back.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a Roland certified technician. Give me a moment to look into the issue and I will be back. I wanted to confirm my information before I answered you. Roland had a problem with the keyboard in this model. Under each key is a weigh that is glued in with a rose colored glue. With time the glue became soft and would leak down and freeze the keys. We have tried before to clean this with no luck. Roland does have a replacement keyboard and at this point that is your only answer to repair this.

I hope this has helped and if you have any additional problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Extra note in case you want to replace that keyboard. the Roland part number is "7628520000" and Roland says they will sell the unit to service centers and customers at the same price, no markup.

Expert:  Ron Winston replied 3 months ago.

The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.