Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My daughter has an old Kawai PN80 digital keyboard. While

Customer Question

My daughter has an old Kawai PN80 digital keyboard. While re-setting and gluing many of the weights under the keys one of them fell to the floor, breaking off the plastic tangs under neath that prevent the key from flipping all the way up from the spring tension. Are there any replacement keys available anywhere ?
Thank You
Tim
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It would be a shame if parts were not available - but parts are available. The only question is, whether what is available matches what you need:

Syntaur was the first parts vendor that came to mind - but they seem to offer no Kawai parts (on their website anyway) except switches and IC chips.

(You can call their number and inquire: (###) ###-####)

Then there's the possibility (since searches otherwise have come up negative) of getting the right part # for the Kawai part you need first, then searching with that part # (a much more powerful technique than searching for any description phrase (and there are so many, etc. etc.) - and the part # may be gotten from a service manual:

http://www.musicparts.com/products.asp?Company=Kawai

scroll down until you see

Kawai PN80 Digital Piano Service Manual

and then click on the BUY NOW button to the left. (Note: I don't know this vendor.)