Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

A basic confusion question! can you use musicsoft as backing

Customer Question

a basic confusion question! can you use musicsoft as backing track? if so are you in control of time and chord changes? I have clavinova 409
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it? No. I'm the instrument technician's Assistant. How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Am i communicating with a person or is this automated?
JA: I'm the instrument technician's Assistant. I work with them to help customers like you.
Customer: Please tell me are you a person?
JA: No. I'm the instrument technician's Assistant.
Customer: ok. i have clavinova 409. i want to use musicsoft as backing track for my playing. can i do so and if so how?
JA: Anything else you want the instrument expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at the moment.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 17 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

Generally, though Musicsoft can be used with CVP Clavinova instruments... but it may not be able to be adjusted as you say.

MIDI files can be downloaded, and played, from the Musicsoft service(s), and used on your Clavinova. But, they cannot necessarily be

A. played at the same time as an accompaniment

AND

B. adjusted for chord changes... and possibly not adjusted for tempo or 'time'. MIDI files on computers are at a fixed and non-adjustable speed, short of editing the file (which cannot be done on your Clavinova, I feel fairly sure.)

I suspect that A. above is possible. But B..... I don't think so, at all. Not if it is a MIDI file played as accompaniment.

Let me know more about your requirements - I am competent in music notation and all music performance concepts, as well as the technicalities of Clavinova models, so I will be able to understand you fully without much explanation.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

(If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.)

Thanks.