Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I just recently purchased the Roland Duo-Capture EX. I

Customer Question

I just recently purchased the Roland Duo-Capture EX. I followed the instructions to install the device, but it gets stuck on the step where is asks to connect the device via USB and then power on. My computer recognizes the device and "installs" drivers via windows. However, the installation of the driver never proceeds, it just sits there for what seems like forever.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If the device is recognized, then the problem isn't the USB port nor the USB cable.

Something else is wrong, however. Given that the device is new, I'm inclined to recommend that you return it to the vendor or store as defective.

The way the installing of the device driver for this device never proceeds suggests that it is in a state of unresponsiveness at some point, and the computer simply waits for it, and it ... does nothing. Leading to a very long delay, perhaps forever.

Turn it Off. Unplug it. Leave it so for at least 1 hour, or overnight, to rest and reset.

Then try it again... hopefully it is just a temporary fault and the second try it will go through with installing the proper driver.

(You could also, doubtfully, get it working by installing the driver by hand, then hooking up the Roland Duo-Capture to the computer with the driver for it already installed. Ask me if you think this would be worth pursuing as something to try, and I will explain or advise - or perhaps do the install for you, if you wished.)