Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a DR40. I lost the ac cord, can't seem to find one

Customer Question

I have a DR40. I lost the ac cord, can't seem to find one from musicians friend or guitar center. Question: When you turn it on, it gives you a choice for phantom wanting you to choose phantom. Should I if I want to make a 4 track recording ? On the side you get 3 choices -line, mic or mic+phantom. The lights above say dual, 4ch and over dub. What setting should I have to get a true 4 track recording. got nice shure mics for it. I think 4ch. Please advise, Thanks
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: tascam DR40
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just want to know what setting on the side I should use for 4 track recordings
JA: Anything else you want the instrument expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Do you know where I can find an ac cord for it ?
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 16 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The references to 'phantom' in case you did not already know, means 'phantom power'.

Which means, of course, providing power to the microphone through the microphone cord, for those microphones that contain power-consuming active circuitry.

I think that 4ch is what you need for true Four-Channel recording, for sure.

But tell me a little more about the situation, why you are uncertain as to 4ch meaning 4-channel ? or what 'false' 4-channel recording might be?