Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

I have a Roland 3000 electric piano, working fine except the

Customer Question

I have a Roland 3000 electric piano, working fine except the f above middle c is intermittently mute or muted. Can it be repaired? What would be the next step? I'm having trouble finding repair service. Ultimately we want to give away the piano.. thanks...
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Roland, model is 3000. Age is about 20 years.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It was in a storage shed some years. On bringing it inside we found this flaw. I have tried using it heavily. I tried to see if I could life the key out and clean under it but I couldn't figure out how...
JA: Anything else you want the instrument expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO, thats it, thanks...
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 24 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Expert:  Rusty replied 24 days ago.

When a single key goes out, it's due to a worn out contact strip. They are what the key hits to send a signal to the tone generator. They are serviceable.

If you want to do the work yourself, it's not too hard, if you have some electronics experience. Unplug the piano and turn the power on to drain any residual power. Remove the screws from the bottom of the piano. Turn it over, and the top will flip up. Strike the key. See the little rubber pad that it hits? That is the part that needs replacing.

Roland Parts Dept:(###) ###-####/p>

If you would rather send it in for repair, click here.

Expert:  Rusty replied 24 days ago.

Do you have any questions about the repair? It's a maintenance item, and a rather simple repair.