Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

I have Sibelius 8 and it is vey unstable in many ways. For

Customer Question

I have Sibelius 8 and it is vey unstable in many ways. For instance when I choose a tab from the ribbon such as Text Play Layout etc. the choice doesn't stay chosen but has a tendency to jump back to an earlier choice. I may have to make the choice several times before it stays chosen.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: MacBook Pro 13 inch -- about a year old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Since I got the program two or three weeks ago. Don't know what thoubleshooting to do.
JA: Anything else you want the instrument expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't think so.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Expert:  Rusty replied 1 month ago.

Sometimes RAM is the only issue with an Avid product. Give me the full details of your computer, and your interface that you are using.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
See attached file
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 month ago.

I see the problem. Sibelius 8 only works with 10.9 or 10.10. The rest of your computer is compatible. You're seeing bugs that weren't built for your OS version.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
is Sibelius being upgraded for the later OS?
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 month ago.

Avid does not have qualification to write their programs for 10.12 yet. Your best bet is to revert back to the earlier versions in the meantime.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do you know if a monthly subscription to Sibelius covers use on a Windows machine and if there are any compatibility issues with Windows 10?
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 month ago.

Yes, the 64 bit versions.

64-bit Windows 7 (SP1 or later), Windows 8.1 (not Windows RT) or Windows 10

Expert:  Rusty replied 1 month ago.

Click here for all of the compatible versions.

Please don't forget to rate 3-5 stars for my knowledge and service to you.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I took your answer at face value but, after checking again I find that, according to various sites (e.g., http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/compatibility/macOS-10-12-Sierra), this answer is not correct. "Sibelius macOS 10.12 (Sierra) is supported with Sibelius 8.4.2". Thus, your answer is not acceptable and I either need a satisfactory answer or my money back.
Expert:  Rusty replied 29 days ago.

I sent you right to the Avid site. http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/Compatibility/en418691

You said you had Sibelius 8. You will need to downgrade your OS, or upgrade Sibelius to 8.4.2.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I have Sibelius 8.4.2. When I was asked what version of Sibelius I had, I answered Sibelius 8 just like I'd say I had Windows 10 in answer to a similar question about Windows.
Expert:  Rusty replied 29 days ago.

That's not Sibelius 8 when we're talking about software... I'll opt out, good luck.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
What does that mean? Do I get my money back?